Sunday, September 13, 2015

New batch of soap - inspired by fragrance.


I've finished my new batch of soap - Red Currant and Thyme Tea.


Sometime you can find that inspiration can come from very different things. Some people gather inspiration from listening to music, others get it by looking at art. I've found that fragrances can also lead me to create something new. 
I have new fragrance "Red currant and Thyme tea" which described by manufacturer as "a rich floral blend of wine-like fruity tea aromas with depth and complexity. Kissed with some tartness and musk notes, this is a must have for your collection". 
I did not recognize floral scent but this is tart and fruity and clean. Great herb scent with a hint of red tart berries. It's real nice scent!


I've chosen bright design of soap and decided to use cold process of soapmaking, because I wanted to do swirl technique. It's first time when I use bold red color with intensive black but this is well matched to the fragrance!  For more vibrant colors this soap went through gel phase. 

Now I will cut this soap and after curing time (about 4 weeks) we can try it, just need to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment